Why Join Us?
Located west of Portland on the beautiful Oregon Coast, Near Space Corporation values innovation, teamwork, commitment and offers an environment of growth and advancement opportunities. Specializing in the testing and maturing of space and aviation technologies, NSC has extensive experience providing relevant space like environments for maturing new technologies and testing concepts of operations using high altitude balloons and UAVs.
Near Space Corporation’s (NSC) Information Technology (IT) Manager is a highly analytical individual who ensures the streamlined operation of the IT department is in alignment with the business’ objectives. The IT Manager ensures continuity of computer services for computer users throughout the organization through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination. Maintaining NSC’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies are core components of being successful at NSC.
The IT Manager will be responsible for developing network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, and keeping the executive team up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company succeed. A normal part of the job includes running regular checks on network and data security, conducting regular audits, and installing appropriate hardware and software. A successful IT Manager oversees NSC’s IT projects, acts as a liaison between clients, vendors, and consultants, and provides risk assessment.
- Analyze business needs presented by users and recommend technical solutions with completion timeline
- Develops requirements, outlines, budgets, and schedulers for IT projects
- Assists with upgrading information security
- Develops work-breakdown structures, project tracking, and variance reports
- Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design and implement secure solutions to meet customer/client needs while protecting the corporation’s assets
- Develops security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, and acquisition of the resources needed to support them
- Administers email and anti-virus systems
- Troubleshoots and resolves user issues relative to all company software in a timely manner
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Active directory in server environments
Preferred Education and Experience
- MCITP and/or CompTIA Security+ Certifications
Equal Employment Opportunity
NSC is an equal opportunity employer who focuses on building a culture where differences are valued. Our mission of leveraging new technology is achieved by embracing diversity and providing an inclusive workforce. NSC employment is based on competence, qualifications, merit, performance, and business need.
- This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR. ITAR and EAR define “U.S. Person” as Any individual who is a citizen of the United States, a permanent resident alien of the United States, or a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- Federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens. All persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity within three (3) days of being hired. Failure to submit such proof within the required time shall result in immediate employment termination.
- In connection with an application for employment and as a condition of continuing employment, investigative background inquiries may be made on including previous employers, schools, consumer credit, criminal convictions, motor vehicle, and other reports. These reports will include information as to character, work habits, performance, education, compensation, and experience along with reasons for termination of employment from previous employers. Furthermore, the company may be requesting information from various federal, state, and other agencies which maintain records concerning past activities relating to driving, credit, criminal, civil, and other experiences as well as claims involving the applicant in the files of insurance companies. In connection with your application, the applicant authorizes without reservation, any party or agency contacted to furnish the above-mentioned information and release all parties involved from liability and responsibility for doing so. You hereby consent to obtaining the above information from Near Space Corporation and/or any of their agents. This authorization and consent shall be valid in original, fax, or copy form.
- Near Space Corporation is a drug-free work place, we require all candidates for employment to submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen for the presence of illegal drugs and controlled substances. All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully completing the drug screen. Candidates who refuse to take the pre-employment drug screen will not be hired by Near Space Corporation.
- All hiring and employment at Near Space Corporation is at will. I understand this application is not an employment contract, nor can it be used to create one. Employment by Near Space Corporation has no specific term and may be terminated by the employee or Near Space Corporation with or without notice. I acknowledge that Near Space Corporation has not made any promises or representations that differ from those contained in this paragraph.
- I understand I must provide satisfactory documents to establish my identity and right to work in the United States, if I am offered a position with Near Space Corporation, and that failure to provide this evidence will result in the termination of my employment.
- I release and agree to hold harmless any individual, company, business institution or government agency from all liability with regard to furnishing information to Near Space Corporation. I agree to release and hold harmless Near Space Corporation from all liability with respect to the receipt of such information.
- I certify that the information I have furnished on this application form is true and complete. I understand that if any misrepresentation has been made by me verbally or in writing, any offer of employment made to me may be withdrawn or my subsequent employment with Near Space Corporation may be terminated.
- Near Space Corporation also offers an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, health and dental insurance, paid vacation, sick pay, retirement plan, and holiday pay.